MIND • BODY • SOUL
This form outlines the personal information held on you and explains how that data is used.
What information do I collect?
- your name, title, date of birth and gender
- contact details including telephone number, postal address and email address (where provided by you)
- medical history information
How do I collect this information?
- The information is collected through the paper consultation form which you have completed. This is a legal requirement to fulfil the duties to my insurance company, BABTAC and AfSFH
How is the data stored?
- Data is stored in paper form and stored in a file in my salon room, no medical history is kept electronically
- The door has a lock when not in use
- Your name, address and telephone numbers are stored in a diary which is kept in my room
- Your name, home / mobile phone number and email address are stored in my contacts in my mobile phone only, for ease of contact
Who has access to data?
- Your information is only available to myself, Josephine Blackburn
- I will not transfer your data to any other third party either without prior consent or in case of medical emergency whilst in my care
How do I protect data?
- I take the security of your data seriously and I will not misuse or disclose information to anyone else
For how long do I keep data?
- For regular clients the information is current, however once appointments have not been taken for six years all forms are shredded and destroyed and telephone numbers are deleted from my diary and mobile phone
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request
- ask me to change incorrect or incomplete data
Communications you will receive from me
- Appointment Reminders by text message or email 24hours before appointment. This procedure is carried out by myself not on an automatic system as I use paper diary not electronic